The Department of Public Works is a multi-division department charged with the responsibility of providing a variety of services to the public as well as maintaining the City of Ashland’s infrastructure.
It houses the Engineering Department, Streets Division, Parks Division, Water and Wastewater Division.
Services provided by the Department of Public Works include but are not limited to:
- Maintain, repair and improve city streets, alleys, sidewalks and bridges
- Snow removal and ice control
- Street sweeping and roadway striping
- Refuse and recyclables collection and disposal by contracted services agreements
- Tree maintenance and removal in public areas
- Provide safe and sufficient drinking water and water for fire protection
- Clean, repair, reconstruct and maintain sanitary sewers and lift stations
- Maintain, repair, and improve city storm water infrastructure
- Survey, design, and oversight of local road and utility construction projects
- GIS mapping and locates of buried infrastructure