Though the projects that we work on in this department vary from week to week and month to month (please see our Current Projects page for more information), other responsibilities of the Department include:
• Upholding and enforcing the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) 781.
• Organizing and providing information for the Plan Commission. The Plan Commission reviews site plans, conditional use permits, rezoning requests, and text amendments, among other items.
• Encouraging implementation of Ashland’s Comprehensive Plan.
• Permits (Full Comprehensive Fee Schedule)
- Commercial Development Permits
- Miscellaneous Permits (Animal Keeping, Public Art, etc.)
Department Staff and Contact Info:
Director of Planning and Development
City Building Inspector
Please send all relevant mail to:
Department of Planning & Development
City of Ashland
601 Main Street West
Ashland, WI 54806