The Department of Public Works is a multi-division department charged with the responsibility of providing a variety of services to the public as well as maintaining the City of Ashland’s infrastructure.
The Public Works Department is located at:
2020 6th Street East
Ashland, WI 54806
It houses the Engineering Department, Streets Division, Parks Division, Water and Wastewater Division.
The hours of the Public Works Department are 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday.
The phone number is (715) 682-7061 and the FAX is (715) 682-7907
Emergency after hours phone number is (715) 682-7054
Services provided by the Department of Public Works include but are not limited to:
- Maintain, repair and improve city streets, alleys, sidewalks and bridges
- Snow removal and ice control
- Street sweeping and roadway striping
- Refuse and recyclables collection and disposal by contracted services agreements
- Tree maintenance and removal in public areas
- Provide safe and sufficient drinking water and water for fire protection
- Clean, repair, reconstruct and maintain sanitary sewers and lift stations
- Maintain, repair, and improve city storm water infrastructure
- Survey, design, and oversight of local road and utility construction projects
- GIS mapping and locates of buried infrastructure