Public Works Projects
As various project are underway or soon to be, please be respectful of the development areas and use caution while traffic is rerouted. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Public Works Department at 715-682-7061.
- 6th Street East Reconstruction Project from Ellis Avenue to 7th Avenue East
- Main Street East and 14th Avenue East Resurfacing and Utility Replacement Project
- Beaser Avenue Median Removal and Reconstruction Project
- North Ellis Avenue Paving
- 2018 Line Marking Project
- West End Shoreline Revetment - Waterfront Rip Rap Project
- 2018 Tree Purchase and Planting - Part of the 2018 Urban Forestry Grant
- Public Works Salt Shed Construction
- HVAC, Roofing, and Tuckpointing of Various Wastewater, Water and Public Works Structures
City of Ashland Private Lead Water Service Replacement
The City of Ashland had obtained funds in 2017 from the State of Wisconsin DNR to assist homeowners in replacing lead water service lines (LSL) on private property for projects that result in full LSL replacements.
Continued funding has allowed the City to continue this project into 2018. The City will provide grants to cover 100% of the replacement costs. The following grant guidelines have been developed to prioritize funding:
- Properties must not be used for commercial use.
- The water service line must be comprised of lead and replacement of the private lateral must result in full LSL replacement on both the public and private side.
- Funding is available for those residential properties that do not have lead on the public side.
- 100% grant and rebate to homeowner to replace private lead laterals giving priority to individuals most susceptible to lead related effects.
The City's goal is to assist in eliminating health hazards associated with private lead service lines. For the purposes of the SDWLP program, private lead water service line replacement means, "the replacement of the existing lead water service line between the curb stop and the water meter within the structure."
For questions regarding this program contact:
601 Main Street W
Ashland, WI 54806