Short Term Rentals

The City of Ashland does not currently require a license for residential Short Term Rentals - however Ashland County requires a Tourist Rooming Home License for rentals to operate. The City of Ashland requires owners to complete the Room Tax/Accommodation Tax form as well as quarterly reports. Please see the following documents.

Ashland County Short Term Rental Documents

Wisconsin Department of Revenue Link

Short Term Rentals are subject to Wisconsin Sales Tax. If you are only advertising through AirBnB, VRBO, or similar marketplace listers you will not have to apply for a seller's permit. Please visit the following links for more information.
Short Term Rentals


  • Contact Pam Feustel, Ashland County Health & Human Services for more information at 715-682-7028 #163 or
  • For Room Tax/Accommodation Tax questions contact Jacey Dean, City of Ashland Treasurer/Comptroller at 715-685-1605 or